Image Collection: Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
The cutaneous horn appears as a funnel-shaped growth that extends from a red base on the skin. It is composed of compacted keratin (the same protein in nails). The size and shape of the growth can vary considerably, but most are a few millimeters in length. Squamous cell carcinoma is often found at the base. It usually occurs in fair-skinned elderly adults with a history of significant sun exposure.
Text: WebMD Health Tool: "Precancerous Skin Lesions and Skin Cancer Picture Slideshow"
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories: