Image Collection: Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
Brain: That part of the central nervous system that is located within the cranium (skull). The brain functions as the primary receiver, organizer and distributor of information for the body. It has two (right and left) halves called "hemispheres."
The illustration above describes the various layers of the brain.
Text: MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories:
Brain and Nervous System Resources
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication