Image Collection: Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
22. Picture of Ataxia-telangiectasia
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
Ataxia-telangiectasia: A progressive disease characterized by degeneration of the nervous system manifest by poor coordination and balance (cerebellar ataxia), red eyes due to widening of small blood vessels in the conjunctiva (ocular telangiectasia), and recurrent sinus and lung infections. Abbreviated AT. Patients with AT have a striking predisposition to leukemia and lymphoma and are extremely sensitive to radiation. Other features include difficulty swallowing and slowed growth. AT is inherited as an autosomal recessive trait.
Text: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary by MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories:
Skin Problems and Treatments Resources
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication