Image Collection: Additional Conditions
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Bacterial Skin Diseases (29)
- Fungal Skin Diseases (17)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Pregnancy Stages (9)
5. Picture of Acanthosis Nigricans
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!
Acanthosis nigricans: A skin condition characterized by dark, thickened, velvety patches, especially in the folds of skin in the armpit, groin, and back of the neck. It can occur with endocrine diseases such as Cushing disease and diabetes mellitus, from tumors of the pituitary gland, underlying malignancies, certain drugs, and as a genetic disorder. It is most common in people who have insulin resistance those whose body is not responding correctly to the insulin that they make in their pancreas.
Text: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary by MedicineNet, Inc.
Guide to understanding the Image Collection categories: