Iliotibial Band Syndrome Index
Iliotibial band syndrome is an overuse injury of the thigh and knee. Symptoms include knee pain and possible swelling. Treatment may involve anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, ultrasound, massage, using a foam roller at the site of pain, and the use of orthotics.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- Over-the-Counter Products
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
Arthritis, bursitis, IT band syndrome, fracture, and strain are just some of the causes of hip pain. Associated symptoms and...learn more »
In This Article
Hip Pain Article
- Hip pain facts
- What is the anatomy of the hip?
- What are causes and risk factors for hip pain?
- What symptoms and signs may be associated with hip pain?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose hip pain?
- What are treatments and medications for hip pain?
- What types of specialists treat hip pain?
- Are there any home remedies for hip pain?
- What is the prognosis of hip pain?
- Is it possible to prevent hip pain?