Patient Comments: Hysterectomy - Treatments

What tests or treatments were performed before your hysterectomy?

Comment from: Daniela, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I've been treated with birth control, endometrial ablation, ultrasounds and now anti-inflammatory pain pills. Every woman in my family has had to have a hysterectomy and I know it's probably time for me to have one also. I can't take the pain anymore. I've had to call of work twice this year due to the pain. Nothing I try to relieve the pain helps. I feel bad because other women would like to have a functioning uterus but mine is slowly affecting every age of my life negatively.

Comment from: Grandmother Linda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

Well I went to my OBGYN doctor today and last week. I had two biopsies and ouch, they hurt. I had not been to a doctor in 15 years. Reason being that I had no insurance at all. I couldn't afford it. I know I was not going to get good news this morning. She wants to do a hysterectomy. So I have been reading on the web all about bad pap smears. I asked how bad my pap smear was and she said it was really bad.

Comment from: notamom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I had a hysterectomy at 25 due to endometriosis after years of testing and surgeries. I had laparoscopic surgeries to make sure they knew what they were looking at and had scar tissue removed a few times. Make sure you are certain that you want it done before you say ok. Depending on your issues of what's going on. See if they can leave an ovary so you do not go into menopause too early. But if you are sure and do not want children, it great not to have a period and pain anymore but not so great to take hormones.

Hysterectomy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your Hysterectomy experience.
Hysterectomy - Recovery Question: What was the recovery time for your hysterectomy?