Patient Comments: Hysterectomy - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your Hysterectomy experience.

Comment from: mommy2luvbugs, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I had an emergency hysterectomy 5 months ago during my c-section in which I lost 4 pints of blood and unless they got rid of the uterus I would have bled out and died, so I'm grateful to be here. Unfortunately they had to leave my cervix because during pregnancy there is no way to decipher where the vagina ends and the cervix begins, so they err on the side of caution and just leave it alone. The only problem is that apparently I have just enough endometrial cells left in my cervix to cause a monthly period and a heavy one at that!! How cruel is that?!? At least my little boy and I are alive and well though, so I'll count my blessings there. .

Hysterectomy - Treatments Question: What tests or treatments were performed before your hysterectomy?
Hysterectomy - Recovery Question: What was the recovery time for your hysterectomy?