Patient Comments: Hysterectomy - Recovery

Question:What was the recovery time for your hysterectomy?

Comment from: obeso585, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I am five weeks into recovery from my hysterectomy and am still having trouble with walking and standing. My doctor ordered bed rest. I'm still having spotting. I'm not really able to do anything and get really tired.

Comment from: marcia d, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 16

I had a full radical hysterectomy and I felt great within two weeks. I started swimming again and walking. I feel so much better than how I felt before with the enormous fibroids. It has been almost 20 years and I have never regretted doing this.

Comment from: Lorna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

My Hysterectomy was Laparoscopic and vaginal. I kept my ovaries. By the 3rd day I walked in my garden and had to remind myself that I couldn't start pulling weeds yet. I was advised not to lift more than a gallon of milk and not too much of anything. It was like nothing had been done to me. I remarked to my husband that if I hadn't seen the incisions on my belly button and panty line area I wouldn't have believed that I had the surgery. I was very pleased. It's almost 8 years. Never had a problem.

Comment from: mom1984, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I had the uterus and left vary removed by DA Vinci method. Although I have no pain (never have since surgery), I am exhausted. I feel like sleeping all day every day. I hope this is over in 6 weeks.

Comment from: sheila, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I had hysterectomy surgery 5 months ago and I have a few problems, but all in all it was the best thing I ever did. I get a burning feeling just above my incision site. The night sweats and hot flashes are the worst.

Hysterectomy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your Hysterectomy experience.
Hysterectomy - Treatments Question: What tests or treatments were performed before your hysterectomy?