Patient Comments: Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy - Diagnosis

Were you diagnosed with hypothyroidism while pregnant? If so, what challenges did it present?

Comment from: jms, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

In 94' I found out that something was wrong with my thyroid (neck bulged out), I cannot remember in detail exactly as I was young at the time. I took 8 pills (not sure what kind) before I underwent radiation treatment to determine if I would be off the pills or not. It is now 2013, I take levothyroxine, I have three children 12, 11 and 6. All are normal and bright kids. I take medications as directed by the doctor, for instance, 30 minutes before I eat breakfast. When I thought it would be ok to skip a pill here and there, I gradually got weak. So it's best to keep up with the medications and not let it get you lazy.

Comment from: filipalopescardoso, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

Hi, I have 22 and I am pregnant for the 1st time. I have Hashimoto's Thyroid disease. And at the moment I'am 4 weeks pregnant. I am really worried at the moment. Is to often on this conditions to have a miscarriage? Thanks

Comment from: sakshi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at 28 weeks of pregnancy. Does it affect my fetus? I'd like to know if I should undergo a test to know if hypothyroidism will affect my baby and if there are any precautions I should take.

Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy - Diet and Medication Question: What dietary or medication changes did you make while you were pregnant? Did your thyroid levels change?
Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy - Symptoms Question: What hypothyroidism symptoms did you experience during your pregnancy?