Patient Comments: Hypothyroidism - Treatments

What has been the treatment for your hypothyroidism?

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

I am a 52 year old female and have been under treatment for hypothyroidism since 1994. Recently I went for a checkup and my TSH is high. My dose of Elthroxin has been increased from 100mcg to 200mcg. My lipid profile tests are also above normal levels. I suffer from body aches, lethargy, irritability, and excessive perspiration.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I have been given to start 100mcg of thyroxine. I have not tolerated this well, although response was great. Lowered to 50mcg and felt fairly well. My most recent visit I was increased to 78mcg. I did not sleep for the three days that I took it. I wound up in emergency with chest pains, chest heaviness and tightness. Intolerance to heat, more BM's, jitteriness, and overwhelmed that my doctor had done this. I was told I was having an anxiety attack or panic attack!

Comment from: MedicineNet, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 21

I had my thyroid removed 6mths ago my doctor wants to run test for Hypothyroidism, how is this possible without a thyroid.

Hypothyroidism - Symptoms Question: For hypothyroidism, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?
Hypothyroidism - Diet Question: How does your diet affect your hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism - Personal Experience Question: Did you suspect you might have hypothyroidism? Please share your story.
Hypothyroidism - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams led to a diagnosis of hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism - Causes Question: If known, what is the cause of hypothyroidism in you or a relative?