Patient Comments: Hypothyroidism - Diet

How does your diet affect your hypothyroidism?

Comment from: Ladonna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I have been suffering with hyperthyroidism since I was a teenager and then hypothyroidism when I turned 40. I did not know what was happening to me I thought it was just normal until my body started totally freaking out.

Comment from: Kathykathy2, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

My nails are brittle, my hair falls out in gobs, I get dizzy, suffer from depression, and can't lose weight although I eat a very healthy diet. My doctor says that my levels are fine. I've been taking medication for my thyroid for over 10 years. I'm so tired of these symptoms and just wish I could do something to prevent them.

Hypothyroidism - Symptoms Question: For hypothyroidism, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?
Hypothyroidism - Treatments Question: What has been the treatment for your hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism - Personal Experience Question: Did you suspect you might have hypothyroidism? Please share your story.
Hypothyroidism - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams led to a diagnosis of hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism - Causes Question: If known, what is the cause of hypothyroidism in you or a relative?