Patient Comments: Hypoparathyroidism - Symptoms

Please describe your symptoms associated with hypoparathyroidism.

Comment from: Sue, Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I had a thyroidectomy in 2010. My worst symptoms of hypoparathyroidism are facial twitching, chronic tendinitis and inflammation in my shoulders, Achilles heel, knees, and elbows. My eye sight has diminished. This condition has caused a major state of depression. This condition has destroyed my quality of life.

Comment from: marie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I had a total thyroidectomy 1 year ago and still struggle with normal calcium levels. I am on 1 calcitriol, 3 calcium and 3 magnesium supplements daily. My worst problem is this terrible “strangulation" feeling around my neck which no doctor can explain to me.

Hypoparathyroidism - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including supplements or medication, have you received for hypoparathyroidism?