In hypoparathyroidism, the parathyroid gland does not produce enough parathyroid hormone. Causes of hypoparathyroidism include injury to the parathyroid glands, autoimmune disorder association, or may be present ab birth. Symptoms of hypoparathyroidism include: tingling fingers, toes, and lips, brittle nails, dry, coarse skin, dry hair; memory loss, headaches, severe muscle cramps, cataracts, malformed teeth, and convulsions. Treatment of hypoparathyroidism is to restore the calcium and phosphorus to normal levels in the body.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Muscle cramps are involuntarily and forcibly contracted muscles that do not relax. Extremely common, any muscles that have...learn more »
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...learn more »
In This Article
- Headache definition and facts
- What is a headache?
- How are headaches classified?
- What are primary headaches?
- What are secondary headaches?
- What are cranial neuralgias, facial pain, and other headaches?
- 17 types of headaches
- What causes headaches?
- What causes tension headaches?
- What are the
signs and symptoms of tension headaches?
- How are tension headaches diagnosed?
- How are tension headaches treated?
- What causes cluster headaches?
- What are the symptoms of cluster headaches?
- How are cluster headaches diagnosed?
- How are cluster headaches treated?
- Can cluster headaches be prevented?
- What diseases cause secondary headaches?
- How are secondary headaches diagnosed?
- What are the exams and tests for secondary headaches?
- When should I seek medical care for a headache?
- How do you get rid of a headache? Are home remedies effective for headaches?
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...learn more »
There are several types of thyroid disorders including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, goiters, thyroid nodules, and thyroid...learn more »
In This Article
Thyroid Disorders Article
- What are thyroid disorders?
- What are the specific kinds of thyroid disorders?
- Thyroid nodules
- Thyroid cancer
- How are thyroid disorders diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for thyroid disorders?
- Thyroid medications
- Thyroid surgery
- What is the outlook for thyroid disorders?
In This Article
Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach) Article
- Indigestion definition (dyspepsia) and facts
- What is indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What are the signs and symptoms of indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- Is burping (belching) a symptom of indigestion?
- How long does indigestion (dyspepsia) last?
- What causes indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- How is indigestion (dyspepsia) diagnosed?
- What natural or home remedies are used to treat dyspepsia (indigestion)?
- What treatments relieve and cure indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- Diet and indigestion
- Pro-motility medication for indigestion
- Antidepressants for indigestion
- Psychological treatments for indigestion
- Smooth muscle relaxants for indigestion
- Which specialties of doctors treat indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What are the complications of indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What can a person expect during the diagnosis and treatment of indigestion (prognosis)?
- What other diseases or conditions mimic indigestion (dyspepsia)?
- What research is ongoing for treatments to cure indigestion (dyspepsia)?