Patient Comments: Hypoglycemia - Symptoms

What were the symptoms and signs of your hypoglycemia?

Comment from: My plantar wart, 55-64 Male Published: July 18

The following treatments didn't work for my plantar warts; freezing didn't work, wart off acid didn't work, turmeric powder and vinegar didn't work, and fresh garlic didn't work. Finally eucalyptus oil seems to reduce the pain and is drying off the wart, hopefully this will work.

Comment from: NEVERAGAIN, 35-44 Male Published: June 01

You don't know if you are allergic to it until the barium swallow is over. The barium burned my stomach lining and now I have issues months later. This is uncalled for, it wasn't a necessary procedure and still no results.

Comment from: Yayaboo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I have chronic anemia. However, after heavy menstrual bleeding for 25 days, I fell under the extreme anemic category. I was .9 away from a transfusion. My symptoms at their worst were inability to get out of bed, dizziness even while sitting and while walking, legs felt like I was walking through water, struggled with cognitive thinking, could not focus my eyes, and always felt like I had run a marathon or two every day. I have been taking 90 mg of iron for about two weeks now and some symptoms have lessened but none is gone. Some days are still really rough I can barely get through the day. Good luck to all.

Comment from: Fred, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

The cause of my hypoglycemia is probably the radical gastric surgery I underwent eight years ago (gastro-esophageal resection after removal of a malignant tumor caused by Barrett's syndrome). I can suffer attacks weekly, but sometimes they are much more frequent, often multiple times in a day. In about 50% of attacks I am able to pinpoint the trigger food or situation (stress). My symptoms are the following, varying in intensity dependent on the severity of the attack: anxiety, dizziness (unsteadiness), heavy perspiration, dulled vision, confusion, and inability to talk coherently, great tiredness, yawning, and craving for sugar.

Comment from: Emily H., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

I am 30 years old and today was the worst low blood sugar attack I've ever had. All my life I've known to carry snacks with me because I would get irritable and shaky if I didn't eat. Last night, I had an early dinner at 6 pm then went to sleep at 11 pm. When I woke up at 7 am, I was hunched over with serious stomach cramping which increased my heart rate because I didn't know what was going on. Then I fell to the ground and lost all vision - everything went black for several minutes until I had a sip of water. I need to get a glucose test done to see if I'm really hypoglycemic, as most nurses have said I probably am, but nothing has ever been officially diagnosed.

Comment from: Rebelle, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 25

I found out today that I have multiple sclerosis (MS) when a neurologist's office called to set an appointment. My own doctor's office had not yet given me the results of tests. I am in a state of shock, I guess. I know nothing of MS.

Comment from: stumpy skunk, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

Nothing worked for my gangrene so off went my legs.

Hypoglycemia - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment help your hypoglycemia? Do you carry food (glucose) with you at all times?
Hypoglycemia - Risk Factors Question: Please describe your risk factors, like pre-diabetes, for hypoglycemia.