Patient Comments: Hyperthyroidism - Symptoms

For hyperthyroidism, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Published: June 04

I had cancer and my thyroid glands were removed when I was thirty. I have been on medication ever since. I am now experiencing depression, cannot sleep, irritability among other symptoms. Is it possible my medication needs changing?

Published: June 04

I experience heat intolerance, tremors in my hands, sore throat that I had more than a few months already whenever I ask the doctor he tells me it is nothing and drink some alcohol to calm the tremors it's not good advice.

Published: June 02

Rapid heart beat, sweating, heat intolerance, pain down left arm. Throat sore things I eat do not taste.

Published: May 27

I experienced extreme intolerance to heat, excessive sweating, increased bowel movements, extreme fatigue and muscle weakness, rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, and tremors.

Published: May 23

My symptoms included horrible joint pain (hands, wrists, shoulder, knees), and painfull thyroid pain. My Pain was relieved by taking Motrin.

Published: July 07

I didn't feel normal at all. I was unable to climb the stairs, very nervous (especially talking to other people), shortness of breath, had little strength, double vision, watery eyes, tiredness, unable to sleep, felt sick and memory loss. I still experience memory loss.

Published: July 02

I experienced crankiness, extreme sweating, insomnia, lose of appetite, fatigue, light-headedness, headaches, swelling of the legs, hands, feet and ankles, drowsiness, and sensitivity to light.

Hyperthyroidism - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for hyperthyroidism?