Patient Comments: Hyperthyroidism - Symptoms

For hyperthyroidism, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Published: June 25

I wake up nervous in the morning. I feel very nervous at times. I feel my body is vibrating. I take trazodone to help me sleep.

Published: June 25

My mom has been complaining of constant fatigue despite the healthy lifestyle she leads with at least 5 times a week of exercise. She has heat intolerance, diarrhea and a drastic weight loss. It worries me to see her condition. Recently she has been diagnosed with a thyroid disorder which I have yet to be informed of. It'd be great if I could get advice on what to eat and avoid.

Published: June 19

I noted night sweats for some time, tremors and some anxiety. After finally being diagnosed with a heart attack, I noted palpitations often, increased tremors, general joint discomfort and a tremendous amount of weight loss, sleeplessness, and persistent fatigue. After a year of MD visits, I was finally found to be hyperthyroid - I was beginning to think I was losing my mind. Methimazole treatment was unsuccessful after 18 months resulting in radioactive iodine treatment. I've just started levothyroxine and just trust, this will make me feel human again.

Published: June 10

Large lump on left side of neck, palpations and irregular heartbeat, hair falling out in patches, dry skin--cracks on fingertips and toes and heels, can't sing high notes, heat intolerance, poor vision, poor memory and concentration, always tired but have a hard time falling and staying asleep without meds, hands shake something fierce.

Published: June 09

Tremors, head pain, achy joints, dizziness, weakness in arms, spasms in my thyroid, eye pain, poor concentration, difficulty speaking, argumentive, difficulty in staying asleep, tired, poor muscle strength.

Published: June 09

I just had a hair transplant 9 months ago and my hair should be quite longer but it is not. I went to my doctor and he said I have an over active thyroid. I am going for an x ray tomorrow.

Published: June 09

I have had hyperthyroidism for two years I have great days then I can have a really bad week I have gotten used to this my medication causes constipation my neck is in constant pain and sometimes my throat really burns but I do also feel worse when Iam stressed or due for my period which has recently stopped all together. Life can be good if you eat healthy use flouride free toothpaste as flouride can aggravate the thyroid and drink bottled water.

Published: June 09

Low TSH in blood test. Excessive sweating, intolerance to heat, some tremors, rapid heart rate.

Published: June 05

I was so sleepy I slept some days for 15 to 22 hours. I had no energy I was always angry it seemed and I was very weak in my arms and legs. My vision became very poor and was very blurry. My joints in my shoulders, wrists and knees were painful, but the tiredness was the worst by far.

Hyperthyroidism - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for hyperthyroidism?