Patient Comments: Hypersomnia - Causes

What caused your hypersomnia?

Comment from: Christina_70130, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I have always suffered from daytime tiredness. I go to sleep around 10 pm and wake up around 11 am. I feel exhausted all the time and can sleep at any time. I feel very weak as well. I go to a psychiatrist to get 30 mg of Adderall XR and it does nothing. I have even upped the dosage to 60 mg. Again, nothing. This daytime sleepiness is preventing me from getting a job and is now affecting my personal relationship. My boyfriend thinks I'm just being lazy. I'm not. I have no energy.

Comment from: navdeep, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 13

I usually sleep for an average 16 to 17 hours these, on waking I still have the urge to sleep again. I feel like body is quite weak having no energy, I am a PhD scholar from last week I didn't go to my department and that affects my work tremendously.

Hypersomnia - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hypersomnia.
Hypersomnia - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medication, did you receive for hypersomnia?