Patient Comments: Hyperparathyroidism - Treatments

What was the treatment for your hyperparathyroidism?

Comment from: sj, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

My doctors have been monitoring my calcium blood levels for 3 years. I have finally reached a point with symptoms that I couldn't stand it anymore. Intense nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, diabetes, intense fatigue and body aches. I have felt like I have food poisoning for 8 months. Finally my daughter came to town and insisted that more tests be done. The scan and ultrasound showed something on the lower right parathyroid gland. Surgery is scheduled next week.

Hyperparathyroidism - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms you experienced with your hyperparathyroidism?
Hyperparathyroidism - Share Your Experience Question: Please share your experience with hyperparathyroidism.