Patient Comments: Hypermobility Syndrome - Symptoms

Question:What were the symptoms of your hypermobility syndrome?

Comment from: J.O, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I was diagnose with hypermobile a few weeks ago because by moving my arms my shoulders would pop out, my hips where popping out also. Throughout my childhood flexibility wasn't any problem but when you grow older it gets too you and you start having issues like constant pains in the back. I now see chiropractor and they try to make it better but I don't seem to see any difference. Sometimes you just wish to be normal and do things because right now my limits are pretty low and tiredness follows right after each day.

Comment from: Mother of 3, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 05

All 3 of my children have hypermobility syndrome but they suffer from significant digestion/stomach issues (cramps, nausea, reflux, vomiting) and significant sleeping issues (difficulty getting to sleep, waking early hours of the morning and not being able to get back to sleep). I found a report indicating this is relating to "stretchy" tissue in the stomach and blood vessels.

Hypermobility Syndrome - Cause Question: Please share the cause of your Hypermobility Syndrome.