Patient Comments: Hypermobility Syndrome - Cause

Question:Please share the cause of your Hypermobility Syndrome.

Comment from: Jan, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 08

My 7 year old son was diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome 3 years ago. He is in constant pain and needs spoon fed at dinnertime, as his fingers get so painful he is unable to hold a fork. I have been severely let down by doctors in the past, with one G.P. telling me he was just a bit bendy. He has now been referred to a pediatric consultant and is waiting for an appointment. He also wets the bed at night. I was wondering if this was connected, as his G.P. thought it was unlikely. But as you can imagine, I don't hold great faith in his opinion.

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Hypermobility Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hypermobility syndrome?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.