Patient Comments: Hypermobility Syndrome - Cause

Question:Please share the cause of your Hypermobility Syndrome.

Comment from: Jonsie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 27

I have suffered with Hypermobility Syndrome since I was a child but it was only diagnosed last week. I have had numerous strains, sprains, ruptured tendons, tendonitis, bursitis, plantar fascitis, and associated problems including endometriosis, depression, anxiety, migraines, IBS and chronic sinusitis, not to mention the growing pains as a child! I remember telling a doctor when I was in my 20s that I wish someone would look at me as a whole and not individual ailments as I was sure that there was a connection. I now have early stage osteoarthritis in my knees and shoulder, which may not have happened if I had been diagnosed earlier.

Comment from: Jan, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 08

My 7 year old son was diagnosed with hypermobility syndrome 3 years ago. He is in constant pain and needs spoon fed at dinnertime, as his fingers get so painful he is unable to hold a fork. I have been severely let down by doctors in the past, with one G.P. telling me he was just a bit bendy. He has now been referred to a pediatric consultant and is waiting for an appointment. He also wets the bed at night. I was wondering if this was connected, as his G.P. thought it was unlikely. But as you can imagine, I don't hold great faith in his opinion.

Hypermobility Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hypermobility syndrome?