Patient Comments: Hyperkalemia - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your hyperkalemia?

Comment from: vilaskotekar, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 17

My brother is suffering from cirrhosis of the liver, portal hypertension, and ascites. He is taking Ursomax and Aldactone. Now he is taking Indian Noni Gold juice. I don't know whether this improves his health condition or causes side effects. It is supposed to increase potassium levels in the body.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Hyperkalemia - Diagnosis Question: Was your doctor able to quickly diagnose your hyperkalemia, or was it difficult to hone in on the disorder?
Hyperkalemia - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your hyperkalemia?
Hyperkalemia - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hyperkalemia.
Hyperkalemia - Medications Question: What medications were you prescribed for hyperkalemia?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors