Patient Comments: Hyperhidrosis - Cause

What was the cause of your hyperhidrosis?

Comment from: Precy, 45-54 Female Published: July 07

I felt dizzy, weak as if I didn't have enough strength, I didn't know what to do, my head and eyes were heavy, so I decided to go to my doctor, and he advised me to have my lab checkup. When I saw the results it was low potassium which is 3.46 and high uric acid 454.58 UMOL/L and my ALT (SGPT) U/L is 41.23, and all others are normal. I submitted the result next day, it happened every day especially in the morning after exercise.

Comment from: Sara, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

Nothing on my body sweats except for my face. If someone that I don't really know looks at me, my face will start sweating and sweating as if I was sick with a disease. Hyperhidrosis is embarrassing. My sister and sons have this problem as well. I have tried putting regular anti perspirant on my face, because I read that models do that. It didn't work. I will try the facial ones and if I have money, the Botox.

Comment from: beneye, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 05

I started excessively sweating in my armpits recently after I graduated nursing school. My hyperhidrosis seems to be related to situations that make me nervous. Before, when I got nervous, my voice would be shaky, my heart would race and I'd feel a knot in my stomach. All that is now gone and redirected to my armpits. Now when I get into one of those situations my armpits will start dripping immediately. I have tried OTC antiperspirants and they have not worked.

Comment from: anna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

Excessive hand and feet sweating is hereditary for me. I remember my grandfather had sweaty hands, and my mother does, too. I've suffered from excessive hand and feet sweating for as long as I remember, and since about three years ago, I've noticed that my underarms were starting to sweat excessively as well. Every year the amount of sweating seems to be getting worse. Recently I'm starting to sweat on my scalp, face and neck. It is so bad that I have to shower and shampoo at least three times a day, and I can never use a blow dryer to dry my hair because by the time I've blown my hair for 10 minutes, I have to take a shower again from excessive head and facial sweating! The area in which the hyperhidrosis affects me seems to be enlarging yearly. It's so embarrassing and frustrating -- I hate this!

Comment from: anne, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 23

One hip (dysplastic) was replaced in 2009 with great success. The other hip has a bone spur that is now troublesome. I'm concerned a minimally invasive technique will not work and the second hip will also have to be replaced.

Comment from: Anonymous, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I am a teacher and have had excessive sweating under my arms for years. It was embarrassing to lift my arms to write on the board. I even had a student ask why I sweat so much. I about died! My nephew was diagnosed a few months ago with excessive sweating. I did not know that there was a thing called hyperhidrosis. I just thought I was weird. I went and asked my doctor about it. I have been on an underarm medication now for two weeks. It is amazing! No sweat! I can finally write on the board and not be embarrassed!

Comment from: Mum, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 31

My daughter has been suffering from excessive sweating of the palms and feet since she was a baby. I remember when she first started to walk, she would leave little wet footprints on the timber floor! She is now 10, and it is really bothering her and seems to be getting worse. She struggles to do her school work as her hands are always wet and she struggles to hold onto the pencil. I have not been to the doctor with her yet, but am keen to hear any successful remedy stories!

Hyperhidrosis - Treatments Question: What were the treatments for your hyperhidrosis?
Excessive Sweating - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with excessive sweating.
Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis) - Surgery Question: Did you experience any side effects from hyperhidrosis surgery?