Patient Comments: Hyperhidrosis - Cause

What was the cause of your hyperhidrosis?

Comment from: hmm2012, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

Hyperhidrosis is such an embarrassing, never ending condition for me it seems. I'm 23 yrs. old and I've been excessively sweating in my armpits, feet and face for about 8 years now. I have tried everything from prescription strength deodorant and staying in cool places. I even lived in Maine for 8 months where there was 4 feet of snow at once and yet I was still excessively was sweating from barely moving. It doesn't seem to run in my family so I'm not sure where it came from or what caused it. I wish they had some better treatments, hence i don't want surgery that has high risks and i can't afford Botox. It really is disturbing my wardrobe is all tank tops or halters. I hardly ever can be seen with sleeves since the armpits are either stained or soaked. Something effective to help the ones suffering this embarrassing condition would be amazing.

Hyperhidrosis - Treatments Question: What were the treatments for your hyperhidrosis?
Excessive Sweating - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with excessive sweating.