Patient Comments: Hyperhidrosis - Cause

What was the cause of your hyperhidrosis?

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

Hyperhidrosis has been devastating for me my whole life. I am 22 but have been sweating excessively since I was 7. At first the seating was isolated only to my feet, but now that I am older, the feet have stopped sweating, but my palms and armpits sweat constantly, it doesn't matter the weather! I have to change my shirts and shower 2X a day at least. I wish I could go out to coffee with friends or hold people's hands, but I can't! I have an appointment for Botox so I hope this work because nothing (Robinyl, Dri-sol, antiperspirants) have worked for longer than a week. I mostly just deal with it (wear lacy clothes that breathe) and wash my hands a lot and wipe my hands on my jeans before an interview (which is awkward because they see it), but hopefully medicine can create something with 99% effectiveness soon!

Comment from: Jakub, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I hate hyperhidrosis. I'm sweating more than I can remember. The only thing, that helps is to lean your arm in a car, and let the wind dry it. You have to keep switching seats, though. It doesn't matter what kind of weather it is or if I'm under stress or not. When I was 15, my doctor said that it's connected with puberty and it will pass eventually – but it didn't. In my opinion, it's getting worse. I hope that I will be able to do a Botox procedure; otherwise my life will continue to be embarrassing.

Comment from: hmm2012, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

Hyperhidrosis is such an embarrassing, never ending condition for me it seems. I'm 23 yrs. old and I've been excessively sweating in my armpits, feet and face for about 8 years now. I have tried everything from prescription strength deodorant and staying in cool places. I even lived in Maine for 8 months where there was 4 feet of snow at once and yet I was still excessively was sweating from barely moving. It doesn't seem to run in my family so I'm not sure where it came from or what caused it. I wish they had some better treatments, hence i don't want surgery that has high risks and i can't afford Botox. It really is disturbing my wardrobe is all tank tops or halters. I hardly ever can be seen with sleeves since the armpits are either stained or soaked. Something effective to help the ones suffering this embarrassing condition would be amazing.

Hyperhidrosis - Treatments Question: What were the treatments for your hyperhidrosis?
Excessive Sweating - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with excessive sweating.
Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis) - Surgery Question: Did you experience any side effects from hyperhidrosis surgery?