Patient Comments: Hyperhidrosis - Treatments

What were the treatments for your hyperhidrosis?

Comment from: Dino, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 27

The aluminum chloride (Drysol) in my case literally changed my life. I used to sweat nonstop and it was so embarrassing until a doctor finally prescribed this to me. I tried the electronic hand and foot pads they did not work at all. My hands still sweat profusely and it is embarrassing to shake hands, but at least my armpits are not puddles anymore.

Comment from: R Lombardi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I have to snicker, reading about the latest thing to rub here and there to prevent sweat. I have been sweating, from every sweat gland in my body, since I was 27. Heat is very troublesome, but I can also break into a drenching sweat outside at 45 degrees just putting the trash in the trunk of the car to take it to the dump. I do not own a winter coat. I would have to immerse myself in a vat of whatever they're selling to hope for any relief. I've heard about the botox around the hairline thing. You know how, after a big rain in a city, they show storm drains where the water is pouring out so fast it's lifting the manhole cover? That's what I picture from around my collar. On the plus side, I'm only slightly graying, and when I'm making my own gravy in public, I get knowing looks from ladies, who seem to think I'm going through the change, which would make me about 15 years younger than I actually am.

Comment from: Susan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

It started 5 or 6 years ago. I have excessive sweating from the top of my head. You can just feel it starting. Then the sweat just drips down my face, sides of my head and my hairline. 5 months ago I had 50 Botox injections put into my scalp 25 on each side and it did nothing to help. The only thing the Doctor told me that I may start sweating in other areas. Well I've never sweated under my armpits and now I do. I've been noticing for about the last 2 months that my hair is falling out and I'm wondering if the hair follicles were damaged? My internist has given me some Aluminum chloride product that I put around my hairline twice a week which helps a bit as long as I stay in the air conditioning. When I try to clean house I have to put a rag around my head and neck to catch the sweat and go stand in front of a fan to try and cool off. In the winter I dare not wear turtlenecks anymore.

Comment from: caligirl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 20

I have been dealing with hyperhidrosis as long as I can remember. I came across this natural remedy and it works like a charm. I can wear clothes that I've never been able to wear before. I take the following supplements daily... Sage Astragulus St. Johns Wort Valerian Root Taking these every day has improved my problem dramatically!!!

Comment from: JustALady, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I'm suddenly suffering from excessive smelly sweating from my right armpit. I'm guessing it's related to perimenopause as I had a similar problem in my early teens that went away on its own. I'm unemployed right now if not I would get it botoxed.

Comment from: Honeebee, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I was diagnosed with Hyperhidrosis some years back. My excessive sweating is isolated to my face and head. In the past I have taken medication for it but it wasn't 100%. My only other options were botox injections or surgery which I didn't pursue. Any suggestion as to any other ways that it might be treated.

Hyperhidrosis - Cause Question: What was the cause of your hyperhidrosis?
Excessive Sweating - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with excessive sweating.