Patient Comments: Excessive Sweating - Experience

Please describe your experience with excessive sweating.

Comment from: Sweety, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 15

I have had problems with excessive sweating since I was 13. My father and brother have the same problem. I've tried all kinds of things. I used to drink about 4 to 6 coffees a day and gave it up for a week. During that time, I noticed my sweating was not as bad. I substituted tea for coffee and noticed within minutes I was sweating badly. It did not occur to me that it was the tea or coffee> Then I put it to the test and had Milo (a chocolate drink) – yes, my sweating was just about totally gone. I did this for two full weeks, but missed having a “cuppa,” so I thought I would try tea again. Within minutes, I was sweating. OK: so now I knew it was the caffeine that was doing this to me. I tried Mitchum, as I have no smell at all using this antiperspirant and deodorant. Many years later, I'm still sweating. One day while showering I looked at the scourer I use to scrub my feet. Anyway, I thought I had nothing to lose, so I soaped it up, scrubbed under my arms, and got rid of the dead skin cells. It worked! To this day, I do this every day and I don't sweat anymore. I can't believe that I can wear a light-colored shirt and not have any sweat marks. This cost nothing and worked for me.

Hyperhidrosis - Treatments Question: What were the treatments for your hyperhidrosis?
Hyperhidrosis - Cause Question: What was the cause of your hyperhidrosis?