Patient Comments: Hyperglycemia - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hyperglycemia.

Comment from: Nana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

Here a few years ago I noticed anytime I had sugar or had something sugary the first thing I would start off with is a headache, shaky, and then have to lay down (would go to sleep). Now here lately I noticed if I had not ate for a while and then ate a little bit after I get a headache and not feel good. What can I do?

Published: November 26

My experience with hyperglycemia is that I'm always tired my head hurts and when the light is on in my room I squint. I am tired most of the time unless I get some coffee or soda pop like a Coke or Pepsi and I have insomnia.

Comment from: kfnjwh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I am a post gastric bypass patient of 10 years. I was not diabetic before gastric bypass surgery. I had an episode where both my legs lost muscle control and I fell, never losing consciousness. For two months now we are trying to find out why? I had episodes of hypoglycemia in the past, but this is a switch. At the beginning of year I was changing eating habits to a vegetarian and sometimes total vegan. I have been told that my new eating plan would not cause this reaction.

Diabetes and Hyperglycemia - Treatment Question: How was your hyperglycemia treated?
Hyperglycemia and Diabetes - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hyperglycemia?
Hyperglycemia - Prevention Question: In what ways do you try to prevent hyperglycemia?