Patient Comments: Hyperglycemia - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hyperglycemia.

Comment from: stevoo1989, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 17

I am nineteen and I was recently diagnosed with type 1 hyperglycemia diabetes. I have tendencies to black out and my friends are around and tell me that I get very belligerent and irate and violent what could be the causes of it and I have no recollection of the day of the black out.

Comment from: Worried man., 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 04

Just wondering what is fasting hyperglycemia. In my case and after measure five day in row, the level goes up to 144 after waking up in the morning and drops to 100 rang in the afternoon. This may be the case for the past four years ago and had offered no medication and my HAC1 is normal at 5 max, but the latest urine test reveals +3 for the first time and my Doctor recommended for me to take low dosage of Glucophage. Can someone enlighten me on this.

Comment from: Nana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

Here a few years ago I noticed anytime I had sugar or had something sugary the first thing I would start off with is a headache, shaky, and then have to lay down (would go to sleep). Now here lately I noticed if I had not ate for a while and then ate a little bit after I get a headache and not feel good. What can I do?

Published: November 26

My experience with hyperglycemia is that I'm always tired my head hurts and when the light is on in my room I squint. I am tired most of the time unless I get some coffee or soda pop like a Coke or Pepsi and I have insomnia.

Comment from: kfnjwh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I am a post gastric bypass patient of 10 years. I was not diabetic before gastric bypass surgery. I had an episode where both my legs lost muscle control and I fell, never losing consciousness. For two months now we are trying to find out why? I had episodes of hypoglycemia in the past, but this is a switch. At the beginning of year I was changing eating habits to a vegetarian and sometimes total vegan. I have been told that my new eating plan would not cause this reaction.

Diabetes and Hyperglycemia - Treatment Question: How was your hyperglycemia treated?
Hyperglycemia and Diabetes - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your hyperglycemia?
Hyperglycemia - Prevention Question: In what ways do you try to prevent hyperglycemia?