Patient Comments: Hypercalcemia - Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms associated with your hypercalcemia?

Comment from: CindyEB, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

After 5 days in the hospital due to increased levels of calcium, I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis. It"s located around my lungs. I was back in the hospital 3 weeks later with hypercalcemia again. I am trying to keep myself hydrated and listening to my body for warning signs. The first time before being admitted, I was fatigued, my heart raced all the time. This went on for a few days before I went to the doctor, who did blood work and made me go to the hospital as it was at a critical level. The second time it came on all of a sudden. I was at work and then "boom"... my heart was racing, I had shortness of breath. I had to be taken immediately to the hospital.

Comment from: sanjay pawar, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 26

My 5 months old son is now hospitalized due to his suffering from high calcium and PTH (parathyroid hormone). He had thyroid surgery when he was 2 months old then also his calcium level is not in control and it is always high. He has had no weight gain from his birth.

Comment from: DEANNCARR, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I have high blood calcium and low vitamin d. I do not take calcium or vitamin d, or have a diet high in dairy i get very tired, i am thirsty a lot and have frequent urination. I have always had episodes of joint and bone pain, and stomach pain. No family history of breast cancer and no evident signs if breast cancer. I do have an irregular heart beat. This is the second high blood calcium test result that i have had. It was 10.2 last year this year it is 10.6. My vitamin d level is 26. I have high cholesterol. I do have spells of fogginess and vertigo and nausea. I have no cancer diagnosis at this time and have never been diagnoses with cancer. I have a hyeatal hernia and gerd. I have recently lost weight, but i have increased my exercise and improved my diet.

Hypercalcemia - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hypercalcemia.
Hypercalcemia - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your hypercalcemia?