Hypercalcemia is a condition in which calcium levels in the blood are elevated. Hypercalcemia is associated with other conditions such as:
Symptoms of hypercalcemia include
Treatment depends on the cause of hypercalcemia.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Kidney failure can occur from an acute event or a chronic condition or disease. Prerenal kidney failure is caused by blood loss,...learn more »
Kidney stones are solid masses of crystalline material that form in the kidneys. Symptoms of kidney stones can include pain,...learn more »
Multiple myeloma is a form of cancer that develops in plasma cells, the white blood cells that make antibodies. Symptoms include...learn more »
In This Article
Multiple Myeloma Article
- Multiple myeloma facts
- What is multiple myeloma? What are plasma cells?
- What causes multiple myeloma?
- What are risk factors for multiple myeloma? Is multiple myeloma hereditary?
- What are multiple myeloma symptoms and signs?
- What tests do health care professionals use to make a diagnosis of multiple myeloma?
- What types of health care professionals treat multiple myeloma?
- What are the stages of multiple myeloma?
- What is the medical treatment for multiple myeloma?
- What are lifestyle and diet tips for people with multiple myeloma?
- What is the prognosis for multiple myeloma? What is the survival rate for multiple myeloma?
- Is it possible to prevent multiple myeloma?
- What support systems are available for multiple myeloma?
- What is the latest research on multiple myeloma?
Lung cancer kills more men and women than any other form of cancer. Eight out of 10 lung cancers are due to tobacco smoke. Lung...learn more »