GENERIC NAME: sublingual hyoscyamine
BRAND NAME: Levbid, Levsin, Nulev, Anaspaz
DISCONTINUED BRAND(S): Levsinex Timecaps
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Hyoscyamine is used for treating
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS),
- peptic ulcer disease (stomach ulcers),
- hypermotility of the lower urinary tract, and
- gastrointestinal disorders.
Side effects include:
Other side effects include:
- Decreased sweating (anhidrosis)
- Blurred vision
- Dilation of the pupil of the eye (mydriasis)
- Loss of taste
- Stomach pain
- Allergic reactions
Possible serious side effects include:
Quick GuideIBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Symptoms, Diet, Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.