GENERIC NAME: HYOSCINE (SCOPOLAMINE) - INJECTABLE (HI-oh-seen)
USES: Hyoscine is used to treat certain intestinal or bladder/urinary problems (e.g., cramps, spasms, renal or biliary colic). It works by relaxing the smooth muscle that is causing the spasms. This injectable form of hyoscine may also be used before certain medical procedures (e.g., endoscopy) to relax the smooth muscle of the stomach and intestines (gastrointestinal tract).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions