Hydroxyapatite crystal disease is the inflammation caused by hydroxyapatite crystals. These tiny crystals of hydroxyapatite deposit by mistake in or around joints and may cause inflammation of the joints and nearby tissues such as the tendons and ligaments (particularly causing rotator cuff problems in the shoulder). Treatment options include rest, cold application, medications to reduce inflammation, and cortisone-related medication injections.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....learn more »
Pseudogout, a form of arthritis, results when deposits of crystals collect in and around the joints. Symptoms of pseudogout...learn more »
In This Article
- Pseudogout facts
- What is pseudogout?
- What are causes of pseudogout?
- What are risk factors for pseudogout?
- What are pseudogout symptoms and signs?
- How does a doctor diagnose pseudogout?
- What are treatments for pseudogout?
- What other conditions can accompany pseudogout?
- Are there special circumstances that can promote attacks of
- What are complications of pseudogout?
- What is the prognosis of pseudogout?
- Is it possible to prevent pseudogout?
- What specialists treat pseudogout?
- Where can people get more information about pseudogout?
Rotator Cuff Disease
Rotator cuff disease is damage to any of the four tendons that stabilize the shoulder joint. Shoulder pain and tenderness are...learn more »
In This Article
Rotator Cuff Disease Article
- Rotator cuff disease facts
- What is the rotator cuff?
- What causes rotator cuff disease?
- What are risk factors for rotator cuff disease?
- How is the rotator cuff injured?
- What are rotator cuff disease symptoms and signs?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose rotator cuff disease?
- What is the treatment for rotator cuff disease?
- Are there home remedies for rotator cuff disease?
- What are complications of rotator cuff disease?
- What specialists treat rotator cuff disease?
- What is the prognosis
(outlook) for rotator cuff disease?
- Is it possible to prevent rotator cuff disease?