GENERIC NAME: hydroxocobalamin injection
BRAND NAME: Cyanokit
DISCONTINUED BRANDS: Alpharedisol, Hydroxomin
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
USES: Hydroxocobalamin is an antidote for cyanide toxicity. It is used for treating people with known or suspected cyanide poisoning.
Common side effects include:
- Red colored urine (Chromaturia)
- Decreased white blood cells
- Infusion site reactions
Other side effects include:
- Eye swelling, irritation, redness
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- Abdominal discomfort
- Indigestion (dyspepsia)
- Peripheral edema
- Chest discomfort
- Allergic reaction
- Memory impairment
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea)
- Throat tightness and dry throat
- Hot flush
- Possible serious side effects include:
- Serious allergic reactions
- High blood pressure
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.