Patient Comments: Hydronephrosis - Cause

What was the cause of your hydronephrosis?

Comment from: Anna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I had a cystoscopy done and the doctor caused a lesion of the ureter and calyx rupture. Another doctor was called and he put a stent from my kidney to my bladder. After the removal of the stent I was okay. But the CT shows hydronephrosis. After 7 weeks I still have pain in my flank. I'm now wondering if the hydronephrosis could have been caused by the rupture and the damage they did during the cystoscopy.

Published: December 11

For my mom it was scar tissue blocking the tube.

Comment from: mommanarciso, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

Pregnancy was the cause of my hydronephrosis. I was 20 weeks pregnant & went into premature labor. It was later discovered that I had severe hydronephrosis of the right kidney. I had surgery for stint placement, but my daughter was born 8 weeks early.

Hydronephrosis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your hydronephrosis?
Hydronephrosis - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with hydronephrosis?
Hydronephrosis - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with hydronephrosis?