Patient Comments: Hydronephrosis - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with hydronephrosis?

Comment from: televisionman, Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I have had ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction since I was born in 1956 and constantly been going to the emergency rooms for chronic pain in my left flank; it is hard to urinate and I have severe bleeding. In 1988 I had kidney surgery to correct this the hydronephrosis and it was successful until I had an artificial artery put in my left leg on 02/11. The vascular doctor wanted my urinary tract identified by my urologist and he installed a stent. This caused major issues! I went to a kidney specialist that did laparoscopic surgery twice, about five stents were installed, and I had kidney and urinary tract infections. Yesterday I had to go to the emergency room for chronic pain in my left kidney again. This has happened about fifteen times. I was not impressed with my doctor who had a very sour attitude and disposition. I changed doctors.

Comment from: DNK, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 23

I had severe pain in my groin and right kidney area, followed by vomiting. I had some relief afterward. I went to the doctor, had an abdominal scan, and the report says I have a mild degree of hydronephrosis of the right kidney.

Hydronephrosis - Cause Question: What was the cause of your hydronephrosis?
Hydronephrosis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your hydronephrosis?
Hydronephrosis - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with hydronephrosis?