- Psoriasis Slideshow: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
- Psoriasis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Moderate to Severe Forms of Psoriasis Slideshow
- What is hydrocortisone, oral, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for hydrocortisone, oral?
- Is hydrocortisone, oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for hydrocortisone, oral?
- What are the side effects of hydrocortisone, oral?
- What is the dosage for hydrocortisone, oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with hydrocortisone, oral?
- Is hydrocortisone, oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about hydrocortisone, oral?
Is hydrocortisone, oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
Hydrocortisone has not been adequately evaluated during pregnancy.
Hydrocortisone can appear in breast milk, and can have adverse effects on the baby. Therefore, mothers taking hydrocortisone should discontinue nursing.
What else should I know about hydrocortisone, oral?
What preparations of hydrocortisone, oral are available?
Tablets: 5, 10 and 20 mg; Oral Suspension: 10 mg/5 ml.
How should I keep hydrocortisone, oral stored?
Hydrocortisone should be stored at room temperature at 20 C - 25 C (68 F - 77 F) in a sealed container.
Reference: FDA Prescribing Information
Quick GuidePsoriasis Types, Images, Treatments
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.