hydrocodone with homatropine-oral Index
hydrocodone/homatropine (Tussigon; Hycodan [discontinued in US]) is a narcotic pain reliever prescribed for the relief of cough in adults. Side effects, drug interactions, and warnings and cautions should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache,...learn more »
In This Article
Flu (Influenza) Article
- Flu (influenza, conventional, H1N1, H3N2, and bird flu [H5N1]) facts
- What is flu (influenza)?
- Flu vs. cold
- Flu vs. food poisoning
- What are the causes of the flu (influenza)?
- When does flu season begin and end?
- What are flu (influenza) symptoms in adults and in children?
- Does a child's first flu infection help to determine the patient's lifelong risk to other viruses?
- What is the incubation period for the flu?
- How long is the flu contagious, and how long does the flu last?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose the flu (influenza)?
- How does flu spread?
- What is the key to flu (influenza) prevention?
- Are there any flu shot or nasal spray vaccine side effects in adults or in children?
- How effective is the flu vaccine?
- Why should the flu (influenza) vaccine be taken every year?
- What are some flu treatments an individual can do at home (home
- What types of doctors treat the flu?
- What medications treat the flu?
- What can people eat when they have the flu?
- When should a person go to the emergency department for the flu?
- Who should receive the flu vaccine, and who has the highest risk factors? When should someone get the flu shot?
- What is the prognosis for patients who get the flu? What are possible complications of the flu?
- Can the flu be deadly?
- What is the bird (avian) flu?
- Do antiviral agents protect people from the flu?
- Is it safe to get a flu shot that contains thimerosal?
- Where can people find additional information about the flu?
Chronic bronchitis is a cough that occurs daily with production of sputum that lasts for at least three months, two years in a...learn more »
In This Article
Chronic Bronchitis Article
- Bronchitis vs. chronic bronchitis definition and facts
- What is bronchitis?
- What is acute bronchitis?
- What are the symptoms of acute bronchitis?
- What is chronic bronchitis?
- What are the causes of chronic bronchitis?
- What are the risk factors for chronic bronchitis?
- What are the signs and symptoms of chronic bronchitis?
- When should an person seek medical care for chronic bronchitis?
- How is chronic bronchitis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for chronic bronchitis?
- What drugs treat chronic bronchitis exacerbations?
- What are the complications of chronic bronchitis?
- Can chronic bronchitis be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for chronic bronchitis?
Emphysema is a COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) that often occurs with other obstructive pulmonary problems and...learn more »
In This Article
- Emphysema facts
- What is emphysema?
- What are the stages of emphysema?
- What causes emphysema?
- What are the risk factors for emphysema?
- What are the signs and symptoms of emphysema?
- How is emphysema diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for emphysema?
- Quitting smoking
- Emphysema medications
- Surgery for emphysema
- Pulmonary rehabilitation for emphysema
- What is the life expectancy and outlook for someone with emphysema?