- Dementia Slideshow Pictures
- Take the ADHD Quiz
- Brain Foods Slideshow Pictures
- Patient Comments: Hydrocephalus - Describe Your Experience
- Patient Comments: Hydrocephalus - Causes
- Patient Comments: Hydrocephalus - Signs and Symptoms
- Find a local Neurologist in your town
- Hydrocephalus facts
- What is hydrocephalus?
- What are the different types of hydrocephalus?
- Who gets this hydrocephalus?
- What causes hydrocephalus?
- What are the symptoms and signs of hydrocephalus?
- How is hydrocephalus diagnosed?
- What is the current treatment for hydrocephalus?
- What are the possible complications of a shunt system?
- What is the prognosis for hydrocephalus?
- What research is being done on hydrocephalus?
- Where can I get more information about hydrocephalus?
Where can I get more information about hydrocephalus?
For more information on neurological disorders or research programs funded by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, contact the Institute's Brain Resources and Information Network (BRAIN) at:
P.O. Box 5801
Bethesda, MD 20824
Information also is available from the following organizations:
870 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Tel: 415-732-7040 888-598-3789
Hydrocephalus Support Group, Inc.
P.O. Box 4236
Chesterfield, MO 63006-4236
National Hydrocephalus Foundation
12413 Centralia Road
Lakewood, CA 90715-1623
Tel: 562-924-6666 888-857-3434
Medically reviewed by Jon Glass, MD; American board of Psychiatry and Neurology
SOURCE: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health. Hydrocephalus Fact Sheet. Last update: 12/16/2011