Patient Comments: Huntington Disease - Experience

Please describe your experience with Huntington disease.

Comment from: gary, 35-44 Male Published: October 18

I had Huntington's disease as a kid and for 5-6 years my life was hard, but it went away. I would like to know if it went away because I had it as a kid or just because I was very lucky. P.S. I do not miss the shaking for sure!

Comment from: journey10, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 19

I am 35 years old. Huntington disease runs on my father's side of family. My grandfather, who i never met, died from Huntington disease. He had five kids and three out of five of them have been diagnosed with Huntington disease. Two already died including my father, all by the age of 35. I have two brothers and my youngest brother was diagnosed with Huntington disease at age 13. He died 10 years later. My other brother got tested and does not carry the gene but is extremely violent to where he is in jail for violent tendencies. I have never been treated and don't seem to have symptoms yet.

Huntington's Disease - Age Which Appear Question: Have you or a friend been affected by Huntington's? Please share your experience.
Huntington's Disease - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with Huntington's disease in you or someone you know?
Huntington's Disease - Testing and Diagnosis Question: Have you ever been tested for or diagnosed with Huntington's? Please share your experience.
Huntington's Disease - Family History Question: Do any relatives have Huntington's disease? Have you or other relatives had presymptomatic testing?
Huntington's Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, have you or someone you know received for Huntington's?