Patient Comments: Huntington's Disease - Family History

Do any relatives have Huntington's disease? Have you or other relatives had presymptomatic testing?

Comment from: dean, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

My grandmother died, my mother has had Huntington's the past 15 years. I can't bear to look at her because I know what she is going through. I hate this disease it's a curse, I haven't got tested but now I'm left wondering.

Comment from: no name, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 18

My aunt has this and it makes it hard for our whole family to live with it. She randomly twitches and spills stuff everywhere. A lot of people make fun of her because they don't know how hard it is to live with it.

Comment from: hollahead, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 25

My son takes Exzine for his condition.

Comment from: Guest, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 10

I'm 16. My dad passed away when I was 13 due to HD, which he had inherited from his father. My dad was an only child and both his parents passed away before I was born. Because of that, HD was only a threat to my sister and me. My sister has been tested, but does not have it. I am alone.

Comment from: Tina F, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 30

The disease is inherited in our family for years.I watched my Grandmother die from this dreaded disease, and her twin brother and relatives previously before her. I have an Aunt, and her Brother (my uncle) diagnosed with HD. My Aunt has a lot of symptoms and effecting her worse, as my Uncle doesn't show many signs yet. Age difference is only a few years apart. I am less than 10 years younger than them and I am considering to be tested although My Mother hasn't chosen to, and shows my signs or symptoms of the disease.

Huntington Disease - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Huntington disease.
Huntington's Disease - Age Which Appear Question: Have you or a friend been affected by Huntington's? Please share your experience.
Huntington's Disease - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with Huntington's disease in you or someone you know?
Huntington's Disease - Testing and Diagnosis Question: Have you ever been tested for or diagnosed with Huntington's? Please share your experience.
Huntington's Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, have you or someone you know received for Huntington's?