Patient Comments: Huntington's Disease - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with Huntington's disease in you or someone you know?

Comment from: K lee, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My husband has Huntington"s disease. He was not diagnosed until he was in his 50s. I think the first things I noticed was his anxiety when he didn"t want to talk about something, something in his eyes and the movement.

Comment from: Sandy, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 11

I have recently been tested for Huntington's and the results came back negative. My mother died with the disease early in her life and was violent towards my sister and me. We were never told why she was like this. My sister died also at an early age and I feel so guilty sometimes why I have been spared from this awful disease. Hopefully one day there will be a cure for this disease.

Comment from: msdavis1968, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 24

I care for a 32-year-old woman who is saying that she is hearing voices. I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this in a patient with Huntington's disease.

Huntington Disease - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Huntington disease.
Huntington's Disease - Age Which Appear Question: Have you or a friend been affected by Huntington's? Please share your experience.
Huntington's Disease - Testing and Diagnosis Question: Have you ever been tested for or diagnosed with Huntington's? Please share your experience.
Huntington's Disease - Family History Question: Do any relatives have Huntington's disease? Have you or other relatives had presymptomatic testing?
Huntington's Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, have you or someone you know received for Huntington's?