Patient Comments: Hot Flashes - Symptoms

What are the symptoms associated with your hot flashes?

Comment from: Pear, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

For at least 5 years I have been having maddening hot flashes. I am getting heat rash from my hot flashes. I cannot believe this is normal. My previous doctor had suspected an abnormality in my adrenaline gland. Unfortunately, he decided life was not worth living. I have not been able to get another doctor to take this seriously. I have been told to give it more time, but I cannot wear short sleeves because the rash covers my arms, yet clothing seems to lock the heat in. I'm not sure what to do next.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I had extreme anxiety, heart palpitations, profuse flushing, profuse sweating, and night sweats. I also had a feeling of being on the verge of passing out.

Hot Flashes - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Hot Flashes.
Hot Flashes - Treatments Question: How do you manage your hot flashes?
Hot Flashes - Causes Question: What was the cause of your hot flashes?
Hot Flashes - Alternative Treatments Question: What types of complementary or alternative treatments have you tried to relieve hot flashes?