Patient Comments: Homocysteine - Lowering Levels

What supplements or other lifestyle changes have you found effective in lowering your elevated homocysteine levels?

Comment from: Kevin, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 14

I found that methyl folate lowered my homocysteine levels from 27 to 14 in 6 weeks.

Comment from: Andy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

My homocysteine levels were through the roof four years after my heart attack and stent implant. I changed my lifestyle to a totally raw vegan and found myself an amazing holistic doctor who within 10 minutes asked what my homocysteine levels were when I had my heart attack. Six years on I don't take any heart medication and have replaced them with a vegan lifestyle and regular B12, B6, and B9, plus folic acid. I've also learnt about my body and make my own medical choices.

Homocysteine - Elevated Levels Question: Do you or someone you know have homocystinuria and elevated homocysteine levels? Please describe your experience.
Homocysteine - Testing Question: Please describe the decision to test you or someone you know for blood homocysteine levels.