Patient Comments: Hodgkin's Disease - Symptoms

What were the early symptoms of your Hodgkin's disease?

Published: June 12

Itchy rash x 4 years, heavy sweating and drenching night sweats, left pleural effusion (blood tinged) and peritoneal effusion also blood tinged. Edema in legs.

Published: June 09

The first time I had Hodgkin's lymphoma I had a swelling in my neck in the lymph glands. The second time it occurred I had night sweats, loss of appetite and was incredibly tired, needing a sleep in the middle of the day. The third time I had night sweats, swollen tummy as it had taken over my spleen, weight loss, very tired and in quite a bit of pain.

Comment from: sew2joy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I had tumors above the collarbone and spread to my chest. At the time I was pregnant with my daughter. I noticed the lumps at three months, and I started feeling the tightness around my throat at seven months. They surgically removed the baby to explore lymph nodes and started staging immediately. I had symptoms of night sweats as soon as the baby was born.

Published: July 09

I had severe lower back pain. At times, I couldn't move, and it hurt to breathe because I was in so much pain. It was nine months before any lumps or bumps appeared, and then I was finally diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease.

Published: June 30

I had a cough for a few weeks and then my collar bone appeared swollen.

Hodgkin's Disease - Diagnosis Question: What types of tests and exams led to a diagnosis of Hodgkin's disease?
Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Share your Experience Question: Do you, a friend, or relative have Hodgkin's? Please share your experience.
Hodgkin's Disease - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medication, have you received for Hodgkin's disease?
Hodgkin's Disease - Diet and Exercise Question: What diet and/or exercise program do you follow to maintain your weight and good health?
Hodgkin's Disease - Follow-Up Care Question: Regular checkups are vital in the treatment of Hodgkin's lymphoma. What kinds of follow-up care do you receive?