Patient Comments: Hodgkin's Disease - Treatment

What types of treatment, including medication, have you received for Hodgkin's disease?

Comment from: LovinMother06, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 12

My 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin"s lymphoma in 2010. She received 12 weeks of chemotherapy and 4.5 weeks of radiation and she has now been in remission for 3 years and is doing great!

Comment from: Nikki, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

In 1997 I had splenectomy and radiation and in 2004 I received chemotherapy for Hodgkin"s disease.

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma in Dec, 1971. Went to Dr for bad cold over Christmas college break. He suggested a biopsy of the neck lymph node. By Spring I had under gone one round of radiation, had my spleen removed in April, 72. Did another round of radiation. Stayed in school , with lighter load. Graduated 1974, taught public schools for 37 years. Now retired. No relapses, healthy, had one child in 84. I think of myself as one of the lucky ones.

Comment from: Kathy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I'm 48 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in November 2012. My treatment was ABVD chemotherapy every other week. My scans were clean after eight treatments, but I had four more just to be safe. I feel really good now, but I gained a lot of weight from the steroids. Now I need to work on that.

Hodgkin's Disease - Symptoms Question: What were the early symptoms of your Hodgkin's disease?
Hodgkin's Disease - Diagnosis Question: What types of tests and exams led to a diagnosis of Hodgkin's disease?
Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Share your Experience Question: Do you, a friend, or relative have Hodgkin's? Please share your experience.
Hodgkin's Disease - Diet and Exercise Question: What diet and/or exercise program do you follow to maintain your weight and good health?
Hodgkin's Disease - Follow-Up Care Question: Regular checkups are vital in the treatment of Hodgkin's lymphoma. What kinds of follow-up care do you receive?