Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment
- There are different types of treatment for patients with adult Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Patients with Hodgkin lymphoma should have their treatment planned by a team of health care providers with expertise in treating lymphomas.
- Patients may develop late effects that appear months or years after their treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Three types of standard treatment are used:
- Radiation therapy
- For pregnant patients with Hodgkin lymphoma, treatment options also include:
- Watchful waiting
- Steroid therapy
- New types of treatment are being tested in clinical trials.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy with stem cell transplant
- Patients may want to think about taking part in a clinical trial.
- Patients can enter clinical trials before, during, or after starting their cancer treatment.
- Follow-up tests may be needed.
National Cancer Institute