Patient Comments: Hives - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hives.

Comment from: hale, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I have had the itch and hives from near a month ago. The doctor gave me a dexamethasone and 30 pills of Telfast 120 mg. I got better but today I went out and I have another itch and hives at the place I fasten my belt although I already use antihistamine. I am really concerned about it.

Comment from: Jerry, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 16

I have had hives for months and can't seem to find the cause, it's to the point where I've taken the medicine for so long that I think I'm getting immune to it. It seems to happen most when sleeping. I changed the sheets daily and even vacuumed the bed several times. I'm at a loss as to what to do next, I can't afford the doctor bills I already have, and that did me no good.

Comment from: leeshapo, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 26

I have gotten hives all my life when under undue stress, nothing had ever worked until I used Ivy-Dry last year. It is amazing. Then as my mom got terrible bed sores and pressure wounds from hospital stay I tried for this also and amazingly this is the best. Now I keep a lot around for all wounds except very deep ones. I think I spent 400 dollars seeking cures for my mom, then I used Calmoseptine on her sores as they dried up thanks to the Ivy-Dry; but they had to get dry, and that is where conventional bedsore medicines fall short.

Comment from: theresa, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I have hives and I have had this is for 3 years and I have been to the doctor and the hospital the past 4 weeks and no relief. They are so sore and I don't want to wear anything to touch me. Just the touch of clothes hurts; they are all over me.

Comment from: mfeliz01, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

Just wanted to say that after suffering from urticaria hives for more than 1 year, I found out I was allergic to Aspirin! I have never been allergic to anything before, but after I stopped drinking Excedrin for my headaches, I am finally hives free.

Comment from: Bella, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

My allergy started about 25 years ago. I have seen over 3 scores of doctors, dietitians, priests, have done everything to stop the hives. The doctor describes it as Urticaria. I am taking about 4 to 5 medication a day. Nothing seems to be working.

Comment from: sooz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I have been experiencing nasty hives and extreme scalp itching for nearly a year. I take Benadryl at night but it does little to help and I am always awakened and kept awake by my itchy scalp. At this point, I'm losing my mind.

Comment from: LILMUNCHK, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

Any itch that I get will welt up with hives. Once the itch starts it does not stop and it can be anywhere on my body. Usually these areas turn red and the area gets hot.

Published: June 23

I am experiencing my third bout of hives. The first time was in 1980. I was traveling on an extended vacation. Mount St Helen erupted and I was covered in hives within two to three days. They lasted for about a year. The second episode occurred after we had Hurricane Isabel. They were extremely severe, scratching until my body was covered with scabs secondary to bleeding from digging to control the itching. I went on multiple medications including prednisone, which caused problems with my diabetes. I took Ranitidine to knock them out. Then, approximately six weeks ago, within 30 miles from our home, we had tornado come through. Suddenly I am covered in hives. They are head to toe. The itching is most intense on my shoulders and trunk of body plus the ankles. I have been on Ranitidine for maintenance since then.

Hives - Treatment Question: What was your treatment for hives?
Hives - Symptoms Question: What did your hives look like and where on your body did they appear? Did you have other symptoms?