Patient Comments: Hives - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hives.

Comment from: Kamal, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 06

I am suffering from urticaria since last almost 15 years, I live in India and every six months the weather changes in this part of the world, half year summers and half year winters. The winter season is very difficult for me, as I can't do exercise, brisk walk, running, jogging, wear warm clothes, enter any room with heater on, etc. as I feel thousands of needles pricking my whole body, and my whole body gets extremely hot, the temperature around my face always remain hot during entire winter season. People joke about me and think that I am street smart kind of a person who does not wear warm clothes during cold weather as the temperature remains as low as 4 - 10 degrees.

Comment from: ger, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I developed them after I had a cast removed from my left wrist, it was strange. Said left hand was extremely itchy with all the skin peeling off. The blotches were all over my body, I am going on my third week with them. The itching was the worst I have ever had. At first I thought it was a fungal infection since I have candida under my chest and athlete's foot, so I started taking yeast cleanser capsules plus lots of garlic, zinc, and acidophilus. Also I washed all my clothes in fragrance free detergent. I just started taking Zyrtec 10mgs daily which is helping.

Comment from: Sagi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I have had hives for about 4 months. I am not sure if it is yogurt or some other food that has triggered the allergy. Initially the hives were longish lumps and would go off within 1 hour, but now the hives are spots, more itchy and last longer, some even for a day. Doctor gave me betamethasone cream and oral Glencet, but they have become less effective after using for 2 months. Now I apply a hot pad on the hives. This helps diminish the itch tremendously and also reduce the stubborn hives.

Comment from: hale, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I have had the itch and hives from near a month ago. The doctor gave me a dexamethasone and 30 pills of Telfast 120 mg. I got better but today I went out and I have another itch and hives at the place I fasten my belt although I already use antihistamine. I am really concerned about it.

Comment from: Jerry, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 16

I have had hives for months and can't seem to find the cause, it's to the point where I've taken the medicine for so long that I think I'm getting immune to it. It seems to happen most when sleeping. I changed the sheets daily and even vacuumed the bed several times. I'm at a loss as to what to do next, I can't afford the doctor bills I already have, and that did me no good.

Comment from: leeshapo, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 26

I have gotten hives all my life when under undue stress, nothing had ever worked until I used Ivy-Dry last year. It is amazing. Then as my mom got terrible bed sores and pressure wounds from hospital stay I tried for this also and amazingly this is the best. Now I keep a lot around for all wounds except very deep ones. I think I spent 400 dollars seeking cures for my mom, then I used Calmoseptine on her sores as they dried up thanks to the Ivy-Dry; but they had to get dry, and that is where conventional bedsore medicines fall short.

Comment from: theresa, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I have hives and I have had this is for 3 years and I have been to the doctor and the hospital the past 4 weeks and no relief. They are so sore and I don't want to wear anything to touch me. Just the touch of clothes hurts; they are all over me.

Comment from: mfeliz01, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

Just wanted to say that after suffering from urticaria hives for more than 1 year, I found out I was allergic to Aspirin! I have never been allergic to anything before, but after I stopped drinking Excedrin for my headaches, I am finally hives free.

Hives - Treatment Question: What was your treatment for hives?
Hives - Symptoms Question: What did your hives look like and where on your body did they appear? Did you have other symptoms?