Patient Comments: Hives - Symptoms

What did your hives look like and where on your body did they appear? Did you have other symptoms?

Comment from: Robertaca1970, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I am a 43yr old woman who is having a very itchy experience with something that looks like chicken pox or measles, my mother said I had chicken pox as a child but cant recall specifically when. She said they more resemble measles, but I don't know what I have, all I no is that it began on the arms and went to chest and under breasts, now its over my stomach and back down towards buttocks. I have a few on back of the legs and 2 on my face. I don't have any other symptoms just this itchy redness.

Comment from: sandym646, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

The itching is driving me crazy; I've been having this problem now for about four months. I thought it was my diabetic medicine, which I stopped taking, and now the bumps have moved from my arms to my legs and now to my back and buttocks. I take antihistamine pills constantly, use anti-itch creams, hydrocortisone cream, and antibiotic ointment to keep from them getting infected. I'm about ready to go to the ER – the itching is unbearable.

Hives - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hives.
Hives - Treatment Question: What was your treatment for hives?