Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?

Comment from: R56p5b, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

After having this photodynamic therapy 3 times for Bowen's disease, I can't stand the pain any more. Even after nerve block etc., it makes no difference. I think it is bad that they play it down and don't tell patients how it really is, especially on fingers and sensitive parts.

Comment from: purple28, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I have cellulitis on my leg which first started as a white spot that I thought was nothing. After two days it started hurting and the area around went red. I couldn't stand on that leg or I would get pains that felt like my skin was get stretched then it snaps. I thought it was going to go away by itself but it didn't and it started getting worse. One night I came home, the spot popped, watery pink blood came out and it wouldn't stop. So I went to my general physician and they gave me antibiotics, cleaned it and put a plaster on it every 3 days. I don't get pains any more but it hasn't healed yet. I've been going to doctors since the middle of September and I still go to get it plastered. The last time I saw my leg with the cellulitis spot it was healed but it was still pink round it.

Comment from: sid m., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 24

Hip bursitis causes me a sore hip when I wake up in the morning. Carrying any weight on the same side, walking any distance, and putting any stressful work on same side e.g., shoveling, mowing, lifting cause pain.

Comment from: Actormom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

Today I was diagnosed with hip bursitis. I have had pain in my left knee going up to my hip and down to my calves for a month. I have a high pain tolerance but this was getting to me. I waited for my regular visit to the doctor. I should have gone sooner. Massage and water aerobics didn't help me much. The doctor diagnosed it right away, gave me a Kenalog shot in the hip and put me on meloxicam. No exercise for 14 days to give my body a chance to heal.

Comment from: MeganK, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 24

I was 16 when the doctor told me I had bursitis. One day I was running the mile and then it felt like my hip exploded. It started in my right hip but at the age of 17 it was in both hips and my left knee. I am now 25. Most days I cannot get out of bed or I have trouble standing, sitting, walking, and laying down. I have trouble basically doing anything that requires my hips to stay still or to move. I have had injections, physical therapy, and pills twice. They want me to go a third time but I realized the more I do these things the worse my hip gets. I don't have a normal life, I can't do things people my age are doing. I have gained excess amount of weight because I can barely move even with the little I eat. My nights are anything but restful.

Comment from: sato72, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I heard a popping noise at the right side of my hip. After that, I feel pain that won't go away.

Comment from: Ramaben, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 14

Since last about 10 years I have been suffering with clots in my left leg which took me to the hospital in 2007. I was admitted 3 times in the hospital. Today again I am suffering severe leg pain and due to my age of 90 years, doctor is avoiding heavy dose of medicines. I am not getting sleep since last 10 days.

Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.
Hip Bursitis - Treatment Question: What was your hip bursitis treatment?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?