Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?

Comment from: annie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I have had hip bursitis since hip operation. My doctor tells me to walk every day for 30 minutes but I read on your site that I should rest it. When I stand it takes a second or two to get going as it feels very stiff. Now I have a kind of numbness in my buttock. I had injections but they did not cure it. I can't take weight on the leg so have to use a cane all the time. I need to know whether I should walk or rest.

Comment from: Brudy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

Hip bursitis causes me pain on right side hip that radiates above groin area.

Comment from: hematoma on thighs, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I have gone through an accident 1 week before. I have been facing bruises around the infected area on left thighs and now the hematoma is increasing and growing larger gravitationally day by day. I have been taking anticoagulant medication (Acitrom) and blood thinning tablets. I think it is subcutaneous hematoma but there is also a bump (the area where it got hurt). The bump size is the same as was 1 week before.

Comment from: R56p5b, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

After having this photodynamic therapy 3 times for Bowen's disease, I can't stand the pain any more. Even after nerve block etc., it makes no difference. I think it is bad that they play it down and don't tell patients how it really is, especially on fingers and sensitive parts.

Comment from: purple28, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I have cellulitis on my leg which first started as a white spot that I thought was nothing. After two days it started hurting and the area around went red. I couldn't stand on that leg or I would get pains that felt like my skin was get stretched then it snaps. I thought it was going to go away by itself but it didn't and it started getting worse. One night I came home, the spot popped, watery pink blood came out and it wouldn't stop. So I went to my general physician and they gave me antibiotics, cleaned it and put a plaster on it every 3 days. I don't get pains any more but it hasn't healed yet. I've been going to doctors since the middle of September and I still go to get it plastered. The last time I saw my leg with the cellulitis spot it was healed but it was still pink round it.

Comment from: Valerie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I have had hip bursitis for the past 3 years now. My doctor said it was bursitis only after having given me anti-inflammatory pills. I've done physiotherapy, chiropractic and osteopathic treatments, acupuncture, x-rays, with no success. I just bought Osmo patch to see if it will help because no way I will do the syringe.

Comment from: Wendyev, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 15

After lifting a wheelchair into my car I started with short sharp pains in the groin. It then transferred to my hip, and an ultra sound showed bursitis. I had a cortisone injection it doesn't seem any less painful at the moment. I wonder what next.

Comment from: sid m., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 24

Hip bursitis causes me a sore hip when I wake up in the morning. Carrying any weight on the same side, walking any distance, and putting any stressful work on same side e.g., shoveling, mowing, lifting cause pain.

Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.
Hip Bursitis - Treatment Question: What was your hip bursitis treatment?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?