Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?

Comment from: peni, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I have all the symptoms of bursitis. I ride my bike and I am always traveling and doing stretching exercise so I was surprise that I would have bursitis. The pain is on my right hip radiates to my butt and thighs and my groin area. It is a dull pain or stabbing pain or grinding pain and Motrin relieves it somewhat.

Comment from: Jwb43, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I developed what I believe to be bursitis in both hips after a recent surgery. Then I had a second surgery and it got even worse. The pain is unbelievable. I have tried everything; acupuncture, massage, chiropractor, some physical therapy, stretching. I don't want to try the Cortizone shots yet because of all the side effects. It's so difficult to sleep, I have to lay flat on my back all night long. I can only sit for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. Can stand for 10 or 15 minutes, I can only walk for a few minutes. I'm spending most of my life laying on my back and it's driving me crazy. I was exercising seven days a week before this and now I can't do anything. I have also tried lots of supplements like krill oil and apple cider vinegar. This week I am supposed to try some ozone injections. I don't think it's going to be pleasant but if it works it will be worth it.

Comment from: 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 07

Developed Hip bursitis over two days of increasing pain. Pain caused spasms in thigh muscle to extent that walking was difficult, with pain extending to groin, knee, and down lower leg. Needed walker to get around. Can not take anti-inflammatory drugs due to blood thinner. Doctor prescribed one 30 sec hip stretching exercise done 4X10 times per day plus ice three times a day. Pain receded after 2 days. Almost normal after a week.

Comment from: Louise, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I have suffered since a running injury 8 months ago. Recently the pain has been so extreme in my left hip that I've been waking at night to take painkillers. I read a few days ago that a lady had taken krill oil for hip bursitis with success. I was a little cynical but after only one day of taking the oil I am now pain free. It is nothing short of a miracle.

Comment from: H ip hop, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 03

I have pain in left hip because of bursitis. Left leg is swollen below the knee. Leg is hard to the touch.

Comment from: jenjoeysmom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

About a month ago I was diagnosed with hip bursitis. I had the cortisone shot 2 weeks ago. It helped me for about 1 week. Now I'm back to having pain again but worse. Before I had pain when I was sitting, now I have pain when I'm standing, sitting, and walking.

Comment from: mhoward590, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have had several back surgeries since 1997, so I have always somewhat had pain, so when my hips and legs started hurting I just figured my back was acting up. But to my surprise it was something else. I stand on my feet for 12 hour days and some weeks I work 7 days, been doing this four years, but I won"t be any more because I am going to get well and take time to heal my body. Bursitis is no joke, the pain as you know is not fun. Today is the re beginning of no pain or limit pain so I can have a better quality of life. Bring on the treatment.

Comment from: Claire, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

Today I finally went to my general physician and was told I have hip bursitis as I can't move my right leg at all due to the pain. It is like its locked and I have noticed that my left side is now starting flare with the same symptoms which is getting more intense. I haven't told my G.P about my left leg as I thought it was from limping.

Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.
Hip Bursitis - Treatment Question: What was your hip bursitis treatment?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?