Patient Comments: Hip Bursitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with hip bursitis?

Comment from: Brudy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

Hip bursitis causes me pain on right side hip that radiates above groin area.

Comment from: hematoma on thighs, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I have gone through an accident 1 week before. I have been facing bruises around the infected area on left thighs and now the hematoma is increasing and growing larger gravitationally day by day. I have been taking anticoagulant medication (Acitrom) and blood thinning tablets. I think it is subcutaneous hematoma but there is also a bump (the area where it got hurt). The bump size is the same as was 1 week before.

Comment from: R56p5b, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

After having this photodynamic therapy 3 times for Bowen's disease, I can't stand the pain any more. Even after nerve block etc., it makes no difference. I think it is bad that they play it down and don't tell patients how it really is, especially on fingers and sensitive parts.

Comment from: purple28, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I have cellulitis on my leg which first started as a white spot that I thought was nothing. After two days it started hurting and the area around went red. I couldn't stand on that leg or I would get pains that felt like my skin was get stretched then it snaps. I thought it was going to go away by itself but it didn't and it started getting worse. One night I came home, the spot popped, watery pink blood came out and it wouldn't stop. So I went to my general physician and they gave me antibiotics, cleaned it and put a plaster on it every 3 days. I don't get pains any more but it hasn't healed yet. I've been going to doctors since the middle of September and I still go to get it plastered. The last time I saw my leg with the cellulitis spot it was healed but it was still pink round it.

Comment from: sid m., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 24

Hip bursitis causes me a sore hip when I wake up in the morning. Carrying any weight on the same side, walking any distance, and putting any stressful work on same side e.g., shoveling, mowing, lifting cause pain.

Comment from: Actormom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

Today I was diagnosed with hip bursitis. I have had pain in my left knee going up to my hip and down to my calves for a month. I have a high pain tolerance but this was getting to me. I waited for my regular visit to the doctor. I should have gone sooner. Massage and water aerobics didn't help me much. The doctor diagnosed it right away, gave me a Kenalog shot in the hip and put me on meloxicam. No exercise for 14 days to give my body a chance to heal.

Comment from: MeganK, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 24

I was 16 when the doctor told me I had bursitis. One day I was running the mile and then it felt like my hip exploded. It started in my right hip but at the age of 17 it was in both hips and my left knee. I am now 25. Most days I cannot get out of bed or I have trouble standing, sitting, walking, and laying down. I have trouble basically doing anything that requires my hips to stay still or to move. I have had injections, physical therapy, and pills twice. They want me to go a third time but I realized the more I do these things the worse my hip gets. I don't have a normal life, I can't do things people my age are doing. I have gained excess amount of weight because I can barely move even with the little I eat. My nights are anything but restful.

Comment from: Lori, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

My hips started hurting after childbirth 14 years ago. Both hips progressively got worse. I had surgery on both hips, 8 weeks apart, and the pain honestly got better for about 2 years. Then, it came back with a vengeance. The surgeon went in and shaved the bursa again, both sides, but also had to remove scar tissue from the first two surgeries. Further, the cut a 'window' in my IT bands to relieve the constant pain and tightness. This second bout of surgeries only made it worse. I have been to clinic twice, I have had physical therapy, neuromuscular therapy, steroid injections, TENS, heat, ice, plasma replacement, and any other treatment you can think of. Pain medications only provide temporary help, sometimes not even at all. I sleep 1 to 3 hours per night and my pain is progressively getting worse. I have no quality of life and it is all I can do to make it through the work week. I would gladly accept any advice, clinical trial treatment, anything and everything, just to be normal again. This is so incredibly depressing and I can't see any relief in sight. The pain has now spread to my groin muscles, lower back, and about two months ago, the inner part of my knees popped out. I would do anything to get some relief. I can't continue to battle this constant pain.

Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.
Hip Bursitis - Treatment Question: What was your hip bursitis treatment?
Hip Bursitis - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your hip bursitis?